[Libreoffice-qa] Creating test cases for Litmus server

Yi Fan Jiang yfjiang at suse.com
Tue Nov 1 23:36:40 PDT 2011

On Tue, Nov 01, 2011 at 03:30:31PM +0100, Petr Mladek wrote:
> drew píše v Út 01. 11. 2011 v 10:02 -0400:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to start using the Litmus test case server, specifically
> > for entering some Base related manual tests.
> >
> > I've created my account at
> > https://tcm.documentfoundation.org/
> > but can not seem to find a way to enter a test scenario.
> >
> > Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> I see the following in my account profile:
>
> --- cut ---
> Web Services Auth Token: None ⇐ A web services authentication token
> allows this user to submit automated testing results.
> --- cut ---
>
> Sophie, Yi Fan, others, how could we get privileges to write test cases?

Hi drew,

    I am sorry for the late reply that I was in intensive trips in the past
    days. Thanks drew to contribute on that, the priviledge has been added
    now, would you please try it? BTW, since we udpated the test cases
    organization recently, so some of the description in wiki page could be
    obsolete, please do not hesitate to ask me at any time if any questions :)

    To add new cases, please

        1. put language neatual cases in an proper group/subgroup of the
        branch * Master Function Regression Test

        2. put language dependent cases in a proper group/subgroup of the
        branch * Master L10N Regression Test

        3. Also please make the summary of new cases consistent with the
        existing ones (initial with symbol like # w001 - , which means the
        first case of Writer). Thank you!

> Do we really want to limit it to special accounts? We are lack of test
> cases, so we should make it easy.

@ Petr

IMHO we may make the access more open at least with the problems resolved:

    1. At the moment, the only user group can edit testcases is the
    Litmus Super Admin, which has an access to manage everything including
    other people's account. AFAIK, we had a particular Test run Admin group
    designed for test case editing but it didn't work properly currently :(

    2. I am not quite sure if we have a backup/version control in
    Litmus, so it would be better to update/remove cases with cautious.

@Rimas

    Do you have some comments on the above?

@Sophie and Litmus admins,

    I have added drew to super admin priviledge since we have got problems in
    Test Run Admin user group. Please let me know if there are any concerns
    with that :)

Best wishes,
Yifan