[Libreoffice-qa] prob with dailybuild on Linux x86 ?

Cor Nouws oolst at nouenoff.nl
Sat Nov 5 16:45:43 PDT 2011

Hi Jean-Baptiste,

Thanks for replying.  (And sorry for my initial post - too many typos
and wrong wordings, as I see it now - I should be more awake when
writing :-\ )

Jean-Baptiste Faure wrote (05-11-11 22:26)

> Le 05/11/2011 16:50, Cor Nouws a écrit :

>> Just tried to install the daily build from 2011-11-02 on my Ubuntu:
>> http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/Linux_x86_Release_Configuration/master/2011-11-05_01.05.12/
>>

>> Encountered the same probs as I (now) remember from previous time,
>> 2011-11-13 (Paris yeah :-) )
     2011-10-13   (to mention one! )
>> [...]
>> So, am I doing smthing wrong or has somethng changed?
>
> I have had the same problem with the master from 2011-10-25 (if I
> remember well) but it was due to the langpack because I tested the US
> basic install before installing the FR langpack.

Ah interesting. There is some langpack involved in my situation too:

I unpacked the tar for the installation, then for the Dutch langpack,
moved all the langpack debs to the DEB folder of the install.
After that I ran dpkg-deb, and moved the opt folder that was crated to
another location, changed bootstraprc for a different location of the
user profile ... and that's it.
Just as I did it many many times before.

> After that, I had some difficulties to restore my system because it was
> became impossible to install or uninstall a package.
> Are you in the same deadlock ?

No, I never use that kind of install features. When I am done with it, I
just remove a whole tree.
Maybe that is a fundamental Linux misbehaviour of mine, that I run
dpkg-deb and replace the whole opt folder afterwards?

Another interesting fact: at the same moment that I installed the daily
build on 2011-10-13, I completed a build from master on my laptop, and
that one runs without a problem....

So, something is not as it should.

Regards,

--