[Libreoffice-qa] [Libreoffice] whacky parallel-install instructions ...

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Tue Nov 8 04:17:29 PST 2011

On 07/11/11 23:48, Cor Nouws wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> Michael Stahl wrote (07-11-11 18:05)
>
>> 1. there used to be a user-install script which could install the RPMs
>> as created in instsetoo_native not in the system, but in some path given
>> as parameter (even on Debian), and patch it to use a user installation
>> also in that directory; have used that a lot until last year or so...
>
> Ah, sounds interesting. A script to achieve the same that I do manually
> now, basically.
>
> The first would make this tiny part of my life easier.

the script itself is generated during the build
(setup_native/unxlngx6/bin/install), because it contains a fake RPM
database binary blob; i have attached the one from my build, hopefully
that makes it to the list...

surprisingly nobody had adapted this to 64bit yet, so i had to fix that:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=7a080d0f46c9c53480a5c6876bb110ae8a657879

also it turned out that we currently do not write the intended library
requires into the 2 packages that actually have meaningful ones, because
of a change in RPM itself; fixed that also:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=a21546ea4d86eab38c5abf1b27dff20929a2ce12

hopefully you should be able to install RPMs that have been built with
the second of these fixes included; it worked for me.

> But, as you may have seen somewhere in the thread, there indeed seems
> smthng special/different with what comes from the thinderboxes.

oh, another problem that could affect you is that Stephan Bergmann has
restructured the installation sets to remove the "basis" layer; perhaps
something still needs to be adapted for e.g. deb packages.

regards,
  michael