[Libreoffice-qa] Test Structure in Litmus

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Wed Nov 16 01:43:40 PST 2011

Yifan Jiang píše v St 16. 11. 2011 v 17:10 +0800:
> Hi all,
>
> On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 04:38:54PM +0800, Yifan Jiang wrote:
> > 1. Do we need components split in L10n tests?
> >
> >     I have ever considered the leraning curve when l10n and function test
> >     doesn't have a consistent scheme. But from reconsidering, it is probably
> >     natural for a user to see such language split when clicking a
> >     Localizatoin test group. Plus it reduces the test group size
> >     significantly, which is my favorite as well. So I give up this concern :)
> >
> >     Another question is still about how many cases will we have. One thing I
> >     didn't mention is with this scheme, when we create a test case we need
> >     to review all the cases to make sure they were not created
> >     before. Currently we only have 23 cases, it is okay if we review all of
> >     the cases summaries when creating a new one. But if we get even more cases (> 50
> >     for example), it becomes painful and hard to manage.
>
> I just remember we still have some artificial id information in test case
> summary like (w1, c2 etc.), which could resolve this concern to an operatable
> extent :) So I am fine with scheme D now.

After the discussion on IRC. The concern was that the scheme D does not
allow to create test run for a component (Base, Calc, Writer).

I think that it is not worth the effort. We do not have time to organize
test for a single fix. We will almost always test many fixes. They will
affect most components.

If we need to test a single fix for some reasons, we could solve it by
mail to the qa mailing list. It will be special situation. More details
will be needed. So, it would be hard to cover it by the usual regression
tests anyway.

Best Regards,
Petr