[Libreoffice-qa] Test Structure in Litmus

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Tue Nov 22 00:55:35 PST 2011

Yifan Jiang píše v Út 22. 11. 2011 v 10:35 +0800:
> Hi Petr, Rimas and all,
>
> Besides the comments in the bottom, I also did Litmus update yesterday:

Great. Thanks for doing this.

>     - Master Feature branch
>
>         - The empty branch has exactly the same structure of its Function
>         counterpart, since we might also have priority and language specific
>         consideration in feature testing. A version-specific branch, in which
>         the practical test cases should be populated, can be always cloned
>         from this branch.
>
>         @Petr, but do we want a more concise structure for this one?

I do not have any strong opinion here. I am not sure if people would use
Litmus for feature testing at all. I think that the current structure is
a good start.

IMHO, if nobody objects within next 2-3 days, we could branch it for 3.5
release, so people could enter test cases for the 3.5 features.

>     - Master Function branch
>
>         - 8 test groups, only test cases in priority 1, 2 were populated, we
>         didn't have P3/P4 cases yet. The cases were just categorized to
>         priority from my understanding from Petr's comments:

great

BTW: Do you have any plans to create more test cases?

>         - The name of function test cases are updated without "ID" prefix

great

>         - The name of l10n test cases are updated without "locale" prefix, but
>         I still keep the "component#number" prefix (instead in a appendix
>         brackets) mainly because the test cases will be sorted by components
>         prefix so that all the test cases for the same components canbe
>         reviewed together.

As you like. It might help to synchronize the test cases for different
languages.

I think that it is only a provisional solution. I hope that we will be
able to implement the checkbox for lang-dependent test cases and handle
it in test run and results statistic. Then we could get rid of the l10n
testgroups and merge all tests into common P1,P2,P3,P4 testgroups.

>         - In P3-L10N Test group, there are some "orphan" german test cases
>         because previously the german cases were not exactly synchronized with
>         English versions, these "orphan" cases are remained after my manual
>         synchronization using google translater. I didn't finish review all of
>         them but I'll remove duplicated ones while refer to valuable ones to
>         create new English test cases. Please just ignore them, I'll clean
>         them up later on :)

Sounds reasonable.

Thanks a lot for working on this.

Best Regards,