[Libreoffice-qa] QA ideas for 3.5

Cor Nouws oolst at nouenoff.nl
Mon Nov 28 14:34:17 PST 2011

Hi Pedro,

Pedro Lino wrote (28-11-11 17:32)

> I agree with the proposed plans (especially the early testing concept) and the
> bug-hunting sessions which are indeed a great idea.

Thanks for this support :-)

> I think that the most important aspects are:
>
> 1) make sure the dates are quite visible (more so than the prizes)

Good idea.

> 2) make sure you have at least one person supporting on IRC _per platform_

I agree - see if we can reach that goal. Well, should be doable
international level. For each country, maybe it's more difficult.

> and most important
>
> 3) make sure there is commitment from the devs that they will make an
> effort to fix the bugs that QA indicates (I'm aware that many devs do
> this pro-bono but those that are allocated by the companies should be
> able to commit to this?)

Well, I suppose developers suffer from the same shortcomings that we,
other human beings have: only 24 hours a day.
But from quite some conversations I know that the people really
appreciate if testing is picked up early by as much as possible people.
The earlier the feed back, and the more comprehensive, the easier they
van fix bugs, so ... the more can be done ;-)

Thanks for your reply Pedro.
Will do some more work next day's to get this running...

Cheers,

--
  - Cor
  - http://nl.libreoffice.org