[Libreoffice-qa] automated testing of Base

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Thu Oct 6 01:29:02 PDT 2011

Hi Bernhard,

On Wed, 2011-10-05 at 21:41 +0200, Bernhard M. Wiedemann wrote:
> Yes, there are some spare cycles. If long tests need to be added, I
> could make it schedule them only daily like the extensive mozilla tests.

	Wonderful :-) The database bits are a pain to validate without your
approach I think.

> I had met Mechtilde at FOSDEM this year. She told me about a huge
> OpenOffice/LibreOffice testsuite (libreoffice-testtool) that runs hours
> or days. So far I had not come to setting it up on openQA.
> And I don't know how reliable it is in terms of false positives.

	In a nutshell it is a fairly useless maintenance disaster - we are
working hard at producing much more reliable, in-code unit tests that
~every builder and tinderbox can run during the build, and that execute
quickly.

	The "runs for days" element of the test-suite was mostly a function of
poor design and implementation - and most of the time was spent in
'sleep' calls ;-)

> If you have some script that can setup and run a test, I can integrate
> it easily.

	Cool - well that'd be for Terrence to look into I guess :-)

	Thanks !

		Michael.