[Libreoffice-qa] db test VM (was: automated testing of Base)

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Fri Oct 7 12:49:56 PDT 2011

Hi Drew,

On Fri, 2011-10-07 at 13:28 -0400, drew wrote:
> I read over some material regarding the opensuse.openQA goings on ...

	Wow, encouraging research there.

> http://susestudio.org/a/EvUJ20/lo-sbs-libre-34x

	Cool :-)

> -- Address book sources for mail-merge testing
> --- Evolution
> --- Thunderbird

	I suspect both of these are quite flaky; at least - the mail-merge
stuff is pretty hideous wrt. blocking the UI and so on IIRC but good to
make sure it gets no worse.

> -- File based data sources
> --- SQLite 3
> --- dBase
> --- embedded ODB files

	Great, the rest seems really ideal.

> *chuckle*...alright that likely just causes head scratching..but I'll
> work on some test data today, update the image definition and do another
> build and the wiki page as I do - hopefully doing a better job of
> explaining what I'm thinking ... along with thoughts/questions I have
> about test scripts, perhaps this can lead to something that would work
> in the OpenQA environ, but it not that's ok..this is an itch that I;ve
> had and time to scratch...

	I wonder how we get the latest LibreOffice versions into there ?
whether we build them, or install packages or something ? Bernhard
and/or Petr - what is the easiest way to get say a nightly snapshot into
an openSUSE virtual machine for automated / openQA testing ?

	Thanks :-)

		Michael.