[Libreoffice-qa] db test VM (was: automated testing of Base)

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Mon Oct 10 03:36:46 PDT 2011

Hi,

I add Yi Fan into CC who actively works on LO QA.

Michael Meeks píše v Pá 07. 10. 2011 v 20:49 +0100:
> Hi Drew,
>
> On Fri, 2011-10-07 at 13:28 -0400, drew wrote:
> > I read over some material regarding the opensuse.openQA goings on ...
>
> 	Wow, encouraging research there.
>
> > http://susestudio.org/a/EvUJ20/lo-sbs-libre-34x

Looks pretty interesting. I have few questions:

Is is supposed for testing of the openSUSE LO packages or the plain LO
build?
Is the testing automatic or manual?

I wonder how to synchronize it with the other testing effort. Note that
test cases and test runs for the plain build are organized via Litmus,
see http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA#Function_test .  Test cases
for the openSUSE LO packages are in Testopia that is part of
https://bugzilla.novell.com. I am not sure if people outside SUSE have
access to it, though.

Also I wonder where to report bugs. I would prefer
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/ if the bugs are in the plain build as
well.

> 	I wonder how we get the latest LibreOffice versions into there ?
> whether we build them, or install packages or something ? Bernhard
> and/or Petr - what is the easiest way to get say a nightly snapshot into
> an openSUSE virtual machine for automated / openQA testing ?

One possibility would be to use night builds from the plain build.
Alternatively, I could try to produce nightly builds in BS. I already
have many useful scripts at hands.

Best Regards,
Petr