[Libreoffice-qa] db test VM

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Thu Oct 27 08:10:57 PDT 2011

Hi Drew,

On Thu, 2011-10-27 at 09:07 -0400, drew wrote:
> published that appliance VM this morning.

	Nice :-)

> Now for today I would like to actually get testtool running in
> interactive mode - i.e start testtool, load one of the .bas test and
> have it execute (as of right now that last step fails for every test
> script I've tried. It gives an error323 when it jumps into the first
> include file in the script...)

	The general consensus I've heard in development is that maintaining
testtool (particularly as we change the UI) is going to be increasingly
problematic. It is also rather a creaky pile.

	Clearly if we just use it for base testing - perhaps it still makes
some sense (if we can isolate that stuff), but even so keeping the
infrastructure working is quite a burden.

> I suppose at this point what makes sense is to start hanging out on IRC
> and asking for help there as I try to finger out what I'm missing in
> getting testtool to run.

	:-) Noel is prolly a good contact there.

	I (for one) was hoping that with openQA we could do a similar level of
UI testing, but based on what actually shows up rendered on the screen
(OCR'd) and that this might be more robust, and provide a fresh start
here that doesn't have testtool's problems.

	But of course, that prolly merits wider discussion.

	Thanks !

		Michael.