[Libreoffice-qa] Bug report assistant - more design bits ...

Rainer Bielefeld LibreOffice at bielefeldundbuss.de
Wed Sep 7 23:55:22 PDT 2011

Loic Dachary schrieb:

> While this is being refined, I see that there is at least one
> technical problem I must solve. I need to implement a way to
> transparently submit the bug to bugzilla, which implies an account
> creation and/or login with an existing account.

Hi,

I do not understand all parts of the problem. Only 2 Thoughts:

1. It is imperative that the "real" reporter of the bug with its
Bugzilla account will be listed as Bug reporter in theFDO Bugzilla Bug

2. Unti now I did not see a problem. If you click the ► on the
BugReoprt_Details page, a link with several information to an URL like
<https://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=LibreOffice;component=Chart;short_desc=UI:%20;bug_status=UNCONFIRMED;version=?>
will be proceeded and Bugzilla opens in the browser. If the potential
reporter is already logged in to bugzilla, he can "Submit" (and will be
asked for a valid Version), If not he will have to go the detour over
the login page.

It should not be aproblem to transfer additional picker values (Version,
...) like that.

I hoped this proceeding would also work for additional information
filling the Description field? Or do I expect too much here, and filling
"comment" and other needs more sophisticated proceeding?

A quick test to fill "comment" in the same way like short_desc
<https://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=LibreOffice;component=Chart;short_desc=UI:%20;bug_status=UNCONFIRMED;version=?;comment=BlaBlaBla>

was successful.

Why do you see necessity for a different proceeding?

CU

Rainer