[Libreoffice-qa] Bug report assistant - more design bits ...

Loic Dachary loic at dachary.org
Mon Sep 12 02:18:54 PDT 2011

> 	Lovely ... incidentally - is this in some revision control somewhere so
> I can jump in and/or flesh out some of the help text ? If not we could
> create one and get you setup with git commit access (you need to follow:
> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/AccountRequests and mail me privately
> with the bug number ).

I've used a git which is uploaded to kermit:/var/www/bugassistant.libreoffice.org/libreoffice
But I will ask for an account today and copy it over.
>> The "signup" link is displayed at all times and sends the user to the
>> signup page of bugzilla, which was debated in this thread. Since there
>> is no way to transparently hide this step, we have to hope that the
>> user will eventually find her/his way back to the bug assistant page.
> 	Yep - makes sense - I suppose we could (evily) launch it in another
> window (?) ;-)

That's what it does ;-)

> 	Seems excellent to me - sweet. My bugzilla 'account' is really my
> e-mail address; if that is common, might be nice to have a "bugzilla
> account e-mail address" legend (rather long I admit).
>
> 	Looks like great progress ! (hopefully the other pieces are less heavy
> lifting than this).
What would really help at this stage is if you could talk with Rainer & Christoph about what should be implemented first.
I must confess that the three sources of inspiration I currently have ( listed at http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Bug_Submission_Assistant#Specifications ) contain so many ideas that I don't know where to start ;-)

Cheers