[Libreoffice-qa] Bug report assistant - more design bits ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Sun Sep 11 14:57:02 PDT 2011

Hi Loic,

On Thu, 2011-09-08 at 23:27 +0200, Loic Dachary wrote:
> I implemented the user authentication at
> https://bugassistant.libreoffice.org/libreoffice/bug/bug.html

	Ooh - pretty ! :-)

> It works as follows. If the bug assistants detects that the user is already logged
> in ( it does so by querying bugzilla in the background which explains the 2/3
> seconds delay when the page is first displayed ), it proceeds directly to the
> form, asking the component.

	Beautiful - works nicely for me.

>  If it detects that the user is not logged in, it shows a form where the user
> can enter the login and password. Using this login and password, the
> assistant authenticates the user on bugzilla, transparently. It can do
> so because there are no email confirmation involved. If the login or
> password are invalid, an error message is displayed.

	Lovely ... incidentally - is this in some revision control somewhere so
I can jump in and/or flesh out some of the help text ? If not we could
create one and get you setup with git commit access (you need to follow:
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/AccountRequests and mail me privately
with the bug number ).

> The "signup" link is displayed at all times and sends the user to the
> signup page of bugzilla, which was debated in this thread. Since there
> is no way to transparently hide this step, we have to hope that the
> user will eventually find her/his way back to the bug assistant page.

	Yep - makes sense - I suppose we could (evily) launch it in another
window (?) ;-)

> Please let me know if this step matches your expectations or if
> things should be done differently. There has been some debate

	Seems excellent to me - sweet. My bugzilla 'account' is really my
e-mail address; if that is common, might be nice to have a "bugzilla
account e-mail address" legend (rather long I admit).

	Looks like great progress ! (hopefully the other pieces are less heavy
lifting than this).

	Thanks,

		Michael.