[Libreoffice-qa] Bug Submission Assistant : CSS / HTML integration

Loic Dachary loic at dachary.org
Tue Sep 20 04:37:03 PDT 2011

On 09/20/2011 11:12 AM, Ivan M. wrote:
> Hi Loic,

Hi !
> Most of the effects in the PSD can be achieved with CSS3, unless you
> want to spend hours aligning drop shadows and rounded rectangles, I'd
> highly recommend it, and I'd be happy to help out.
> The remainder is turning out to be a bit of a pain as the objects
> aren't perfectly aligned. I'll try get the header and the remaining
> graphics to you tomorrow.

I must confess that I'm ignorant of the status of CSS3 and browser compatibility. Would it be a problem or can it be ignored ?
> Attached is 1) the bugtest logo in Vegur and
Could you please make it just "Bug" instead of "BugTest" ?
> 2) an image sprite of all
> the left hand menu states (I assume you know how to do use image
> sprites with CSS). I'd use a simple <a> element with display: block,
> 255 x 64px (with appropriate padding).

I've integrated them at and it looks a lot better already ;-)

I used individual images instead of sprites because I plan to run http://yostudios.github.com/Spritemapper/ when I'm finished to create an image such as
http://cardstories.org/stable/cardstories/static/cardstories.png and update the background offsets accordingly in the CSS for me. That saves me the tedious maintenance of sprites offset. Do you know of a better technique ?

I completed the CSS/HTML integration, using placeholder images and modifying the javascript to adapt for it. You can see how it looks at:

https://bugassistant.libreoffice.org/libreoffice/bug/bug.html?skin=login
https://bugassistant.libreoffice.org/libreoffice/bug/bug.html?skin=component
https://bugassistant.libreoffice.org/libreoffice/bug/bug.html?skin=subcomponent
https://bugassistant.libreoffice.org/libreoffice/bug/bug.html?skin=version
https://bugassistant.libreoffice.org/libreoffice/bug/bug.html?skin=description
https://bugassistant.libreoffice.org/libreoffice/bug/bug.html?skin=submit
https://bugassistant.libreoffice.org/libreoffice/bug/bug.html?skin=complete

How do you suggest we proceed from there ?