[Libreoffice-qa] Bug Submission Assistant : release candidate ?

Loic Dachary loic at dachary.org
Tue Sep 20 09:55:44 PDT 2011

Hi,

The Bug Submission Assistant at https://bugassistant.libreoffice.org/libreoffice/bug/bug.html is, in my opinion, useable to enter a new bug. I also think it can be shown under the "Bug" submenu of the "Get Help" menu at http://libreoffice.org/. It only implements a fraction of the specifications at http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Bug_Submission_Assistant#Specifications. However, I tried my best to implement a meaningful subset. Unless someone objects before the end of the week, I will complete my contribution by publishing the new "Bug" menu entry in silversprite.

In the meantime I would very much appreciate all the help I can get to stress test the Bug Submission Assistant and I will fix the blockers that are found. It has not been tested much so far, I won't be shocked if it breaks ;-) My goal is to make sure the user will not run into a bug in the Bug Submission Assistant while reporting a bug in libreoffice. As I said last week, my time is limited and that will not allow for new features, functionalities or other modifications that are not strictly necessary to improve the stability of the Bug Submission Assistant as it is. I'm frustrated to not be able to do more but I have to accept it. I am specially frustrated to be forced to postpone the i18n and I apologize to sofi for this. Hopefully http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Bug_Submission_Assistant#Internationalization will provide a good basis for a future contribution.

In parallel and with Aleksander and Ivan help, I will complete the integration of the web design ( http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Bug_Submission_Assistant_-_ToDo#Web_design ). However, this work should only imply CSS and minor HTML modifications with no impact on the code. In the past two days I hopefully completed all the javascript code required by the implementation of the web design.

Cheers