[Libreoffice-qa] Bug Submission Assistant : release candidate ?

Loic Dachary loic at dachary.org
Tue Sep 20 13:05:17 PDT 2011

On 09/20/2011 08:05 PM, Rainer Bielefeld wrote:
> Loic Dachary schrieb:
>
>> The Bug Submission Assistant at
>> https://bugassistant.libreoffice.org/libreoffice/bug/bug.html is, in
>> my opinion ...
>
> Hi,
>
> yeah, a lot has been done :-)
> I will continue using it for bug reports to test the stability, gain
> experience and develop ideas for new features in the future.
>
> Unfortunately still a lot has to be done.  You know my todo list on
> <http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Bug_Submission_Assistant_-_ToDo>
I agree. I'll go thru each items on the list and ask you about it if something is unclear. Your bug reports are extremely helpful.

> There still are several very important topics what will have to be
> proceeded during the next weeks. Don't worry, we have time.
>
> A very important problem is the missing picker for the operating system,
> and the missing help text for Subcomponent (coordination with component
> help texts necessary), Version, Subject (can we please have this line
> with complete width?) and long description.

It would be extremely helpful to have a list of things that needs to be done ( a bullet list will be good ) in order of urgency. After you discussed such a list with Michael and Christoph, each item should be a good candidate for an Easy Hack. And as time passes, the list should go down. Hopefully the ground work that was done will be solid enough and there won't be a need for more than Easy Hack. The days of the "international consortium" (as you so eloquently put it ;-) are over and we're back to craftsmanship.
> Also "Submit should have a short help text explaining that Info will be
> transferred to FDP Bugzilla Database ...)
>
> Can you already forsee how much time you will be able to invest?
> something like 1 hour each week, one afternoon each month would be
> great. I believe that would allow continual development in small steps.

I won't perform actual work any time soon. I will happily chat with someone willing to improve what has been done. However, past next week-end I won't be in a position to improve the Bug Submission Assistant any further.
> Thank you for your engagement
Thank you for your patience and for being with me all the time

Cheers