[Libreoffice-qa] Bug Submission Assistant https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/bug/

Rainer Bielefeld LibreOffice at bielefeldundbuss.de
Sun Sep 25 09:00:19 PDT 2011

Christoph Noack schrieb:

> @ Rainer: The current bug submission assistant is great basis to
> continue! Nevertheless, it contains some usability issues already
> addressed in the proposed interaction design [1] (e.g. confirmation for
> submit, checking for similar bugs). So how to prepare that for potential
> contributors in the future? If it's intended to continue that way ...
> would like to hear your opinion.
>
> Again, Loic, thanks for the cool result ...

Hi,

I join for the thanks to Loic.

And indeed, I see some usability issues that should be fixed before we
make the Assistant available directly from LibO by a feedback link. A
draft with sort order you find here:
<http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Bug_Submission_Assistant_-_ToDo#Next_Things_To_Be_Done>

I think the current test status will gain some experience.

How to continue? I don't know whether we have anyone else with
Javascript skills, time and interest. Loic said that he will be
available from time to time for bug fixes and small improvements.

Some time ago I read a mail(I even am not sure whether it was in an OOo
list)?) where someone was very enthusiastic concerning Javascript. May
be we have some more interested who can help with smaller improvements?

I think most of the things we need are already in the Assistant and only
have to be repeated (additional help ...). So we should try to interest
people on easyhacks page? I do not know whether XING, Twitter, Facebook
can be useful.

CU

Rainer