[Libreoffice-qa] Proposal: Calls for Testing

Rainer Bielefeld LibreOffice at bielefeldundbuss.de
Sat Apr 7 08:54:35 PDT 2012

Bjoern Michaelsen schrieb:

>   [CFT FEATURE] Better UI for Headers and Footers
>   [CFT 3-5] Copy Paste in Calc

Hi,

It would be great if we could do such tests, but I'm afraid there is not
much free manpower here on the list for additional tests?!

I, for example dislike to get messages for lot's of test requests
without having time to proceed them, and developers having subscribed
here also will not be happy with those additional mails.

Because I am currently trying to reduce mail LibO mail flood because I
miss too many important mails, it might be that I will have to block
those [CFT].

I wonder whether for most test requests a Bug would be a more consequent
solution.

If there has not been a Bug report, the developer creates one with
Status PLEASETEST (currently not used here), adds descriptions due to
Bjoern's suggestions, everybody who did tests adds himself to "CC", and
if someone finds a problem, he submits a new Bug with "Blocks Testbug".
I believe that would reach possible testers more determined than
announcements on qa mailing list.

But let's watch what will happen here.

Best regards

Rainer