[Libreoffice-qa] Proposal: Calls for Testing

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Thu Apr 12 01:37:33 PDT 2012

Rainer Bielefeld píše v So 07. 04. 2012 v 17:54 +0200:
> Bjoern Michaelsen schrieb:
>
> >   [CFT FEATURE] Better UI for Headers and Footers
> >   [CFT 3-5] Copy Paste in Calc
> >

> Hi,
>
> It would be great if we could do such tests, but I'm afraid there is not
> much free manpower here on the list for additional tests?!
>
> I, for example dislike to get messages for lot's of test requests
> without having time to proceed them, and developers having subscribed
> here also will not be happy with those additional mails.
>
> Because I am currently trying to reduce mail LibO mail flood because I
> miss too many important mails, it might be that I will have to block
> those [CFT].

I suffer from this as well. Well, it is perfectly fine to filter mails
by subject. We do not want hundreds of mailing lists. One person can't
handle all request on a high traffic mailing list. I filter many mails
this way.

> I wonder whether for most test requests a Bug would be a more consequent
> solution.
>
> If there has not been a Bug report, the developer creates one with
> Status PLEASETEST (currently not used here), adds descriptions due to
> Bjoern's suggestions, everybody who did tests adds himself to "CC", and
> if someone finds a problem, he submits a new Bug with "Blocks Testbug".
> I believe that would reach possible testers more determined than
> announcements on qa mailing list.

The bugzilla solution makes some sense because QA people work with
bugzilla a lot.

Well, I would prefer to keep this on the mailing list for now. I hope
that it might help to attract more people. Bugzilla is a kind of swamp.
Mailing list is more user friendly and interactive. We need more people
that will discuss QA and become active members :-)

Best Regards,
Petr