[Libreoffice-qa] Bug Triage best practice: Change or not change assignee?

Nino Novak nn.libo at kflog.org
Tue Apr 24 03:14:33 PDT 2012

Hi Guys,

can we have a decision in this matter?

Do we/you need more information/ more time - or is it just different heart
feelings?

Shall we make an operational tradeoff by defining a test period of, say, one
year?

For me, the matter itself is not that important, I can arrange with both
procedures, but I'd really like to test Bjoerns hypothesis of community
empowerment ;-)

So, please, for meritocratic reasons, Bjoern and Rainer, I believe it's up to
you to decide. (Or is ESC or whatever tdf Board the right gremium? I don't
know)

Thanks,
Nino
PS - just one thing:

> (*) You should never think of QA as "I", even if it sometimes feels that
> way: It will be a selffulfilling prophecy and hamper community growth.

or - to say it positive: Think of QA as
* qualified constructive feedback for the devs and
* important contribution to enhance and sustain quality and thus acceptance of
the software