[Libreoffice-qa] Moztrap, some questions

Yifan Jiang yfjiang at suse.com
Mon Aug 13 03:08:03 PDT 2012

Hi Sophie,

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 11:14:34AM +0200, Sophie Gautier wrote:
> Hi all, Yifan,
>
> So after a long time (sorry for this long absence), I would like to
> come back to Moztrap and try to help to test it.

Welcome back :) Please let me know if you got problem of registration.

> My first question, the most important for us, is there now a
> possibility of localization for :
> - the tests
> - the environment
> From what I see on the todo list Yifan has written long ago the point :
>  5. Look into i18n and l10n of Moztrap, we need translation system
> for both test cases and Moztrap UI.
> Does it mean that it's possible, or does it mean it's not yet
> possible or that we need to find/define a translation process?

I ever had a talk with the Moztrap developers and it seems neither of the
localization plans has been on the rador yet :( It needs some deep hacking of
the code if we want to do that particularly to Libreoffice. So it is not easy
to handle the localization in Moztrap yet.

One way to workaround is to mix localized wording of test cases into the
existing English ones, as what we did for Litmus. But it is rather time
consuming to translate and maintain, because Moztrap split test cases into
steps. With this method, we need to *manually* maintain translation for each
test steps and their corresponding expected results. Besides, for some of the
test cases, localized version might not share exact steps with the English
version. So I did not put anything localized to the Moztrap test case base
yet.

I feel it is possibly better to maintain translation version of test cases in
a different data set, either by hacking the existing Moztrap database or
putting the translation for test cases to somewhere else like wiki, then
manually put the link back to Moztrap original English test case.

Any way, we currently really need more people to get involved, try Moztrap,
make contribution and share ideas :)

One question is can we termporarily survive with pure English wording test
cases, though they are allowed to choose running under any localizations?

> My second question: is there a possibility to store sample documents
> on Moztrap.

Yes, one of the moztrap's nice feature is attachement support per test case :)

--
  Yifan Jiang
  Libreoffice / SuSE