[Libreoffice-qa] Fwd: [tdf-announce] The Document Foundation announces LibreOffice 3.6 with a wealth of new features and improvements

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 09:54:15 PDT 2012

Hi bfo

bfo wrote

> I would be happy if I achieve the change in base workflow - new feature in
> the codebase? Splendid! But unit tests, testcases and manual testing done
> before commiting. QA OKeyed the feature? Then you can commit.

As an ex-QA member, I think I should warn you that LO is not that type of
managed project. It is a Developer driven project where QA contribution is
welcome but it has no weight (or very little)  on the succession of events.

QA does not okay or stop anything. QA only warns devs if there are
show-stoppers. At the pace of releases there is really not much more it can
do.

Apparently this (time based release) development model works for other OSS,
but I believe that is because they must have a much larger QA community...

Regards,
Pedro