[Libreoffice-qa] Fwd: [tdf-announce] The Document Foundation announces LibreOffice 3.6 with a wealth of new features and improvements

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Mon Aug 13 10:48:33 PDT 2012

Hi Pedro,

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 09:54:15AM -0700, Pedro wrote:
> As an ex-QA member, ...
> Apparently this (time based release) development model works for other OSS,
> but I believe that is because they must have a much larger QA community...

Lets please discuss that constructively: Yes, we need to grow a stronger QA
community. How do we get there? Dont tell me "development has to do what QA
says" as that is a nonstarter too. There have to be ways to grow the community
without subduing development. Those are the ones we are looking for.

And yes, that doesnt preclude improving the interaction between QA and
development, but that is something that is tricker to negotiate without either
side falling off the cliff. Please trust us to do so at the ESC.

Best,

Bjoern