[Libreoffice-qa] Moztrap, some questions

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Wed Aug 15 06:20:47 PDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 02:29:53PM +0200, Sophie Gautier wrote:
> Imho, that won't work for two reasons:
> - behavior is not the same in every language and testing may
> differ/be adapted depending on the local

In that case it is even more important that the testcase describe _all_ the
information for _all_ locales, otherwise there will be a terrible mess with
conflicting feedback (e.g. english testers reporting its fine, french reporter
reporting it is broken, both thinking they are testing the same thing).

Such a testcase _must_ contain the whole behaviour for all locales, e.g.:

1) Open libreoffice
Note: In the low german localization, you are required to mumble "Moin" while
doing that.

> - UI strings are not the same due to localization, and we are also
> QAing our l10n when we do those tests in our language

Thats also easily amended/clarified in cases were the autotranslation does fail.
Also I dont think we want to hardcode the expected translations in the
testcases -- that makes no sense at all (as that hardcoding is just as likely,
if not more so, to be wrong or outdated as the product).

Best,

Bjoern