[Libreoffice-qa] Bugs prioritization - missing pieces

Rainer Bielefeld LibreOffice at bielefeldundbuss.de
Mon Aug 20 04:21:06 PDT 2012

Petr Mladek schrieb:

> I think that we really should set severity and priority.

Hi Petr,

a while ago we decided that we should not invest too much time into this
because of numerous abuse of these flags. But indeed, I use Priority for
my workflow (without trusting selected prio too much), and so we should
extend rare info on
<https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugReport_Details#Severity> to get
a useful guide. I think Joels chart can be a very good base (although
believe it's a little too rich in detail).

I suggest something like

Use:
* Blocker if it's definitively "Critical" and
   additionally ....
* Critical if it's criteria for "Major" is fulfilled and
   additionally ....

and so on.

I can put it into the line, but if someone else is interested, he should
start to improve chapter on Bug Report Details.

Best regards