[Libreoffice-qa] Base -> database -> registration

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Thu Aug 23 00:28:51 PDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 10:56:39PM +0200, Jochen wrote:

> On the German discuss-ML we are currently discussing following questions:
> If a database-file (odb-file) is opened must this database be
> registered in LibreOffice?

No.

> We have observed that some people can´t use a odb-file without
> registration in LO (LO 3.5.5 and LO 3.6.1; OS: Windows).

That would be a bug; please file it, with exact symptoms, reproduction
instructions, etc. Add me as CC to the bug (don't assign it to me). If
it happens only on Windows, I probably won't be able to do much, but
maybe someone else can have a go at it.

> Further questions are:
> What opportunities are there, anyway?

> How is the target direction, i.e. what is the normal procedure?

To open an ODB? Menu File / Open, select the file, click "OK" or
"Open".

--
Lionel