[Libreoffice-qa] HardHacks and/or Important

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Fri Aug 24 10:53:44 PDT 2012

On 24/08/12 17:54, Joel Madero wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> First, thanks for including me in the conference call, I was lost for
> half of it but that was to be expected :)
>
> I just did a search on fdo and I see 24 bugs which are currently in
> critical status, were reported > 5 months ago and are yet to have an
> assigned developer. These could go on our list of hard hacksI think that
> we need to do two things with these:
>
> a) verify that they are in fact in the right status & if they aren't put
> them in the right status with a note to the reporter
>
> b) determine who, if anyone, could take these on.
>
> Acknowledging that a bug is critical or worse, a blocker, but letting it
> sit is probably not reflecting great on us.

it would be great if there are now enough QA people to get these
priorities somewhat consistent; right now i am still convinced that they
are all set by the reporters, as high as possible to get attention for
their pet bug, and hence ignorable  :)

(some permissions to allow these only to be set by known QA/dev people
would help, but i guess it's currently not possible on fdo)