[Libreoffice-qa] NEEDINFO Status

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Sat Aug 25 05:21:22 PDT 2012

Hi,

On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 11:30:16AM +0200, Rainer Bielefeld wrote:
> that's to long. Be sure, the info provider will answer within a week
> or never. So it's common sense that a bug can be closed after 10-14
> days if there is no answer and if it can be expected that it will
> not be possible to reproduce the bug with acceptable costs without
> denied info. I use Reminderfox and add a reminder (10 days later)
> for all Bugs I set to NEEDINFO, after 10 days (or later, workload
> ...) I close those bugs INVALID if there was no reply.

In general, I agree -- the quicker handling of these incomplete bugs avoids the
trouble that the reporter thinks everyting is fine with it and gets angry if it
get closed much later. However, while 10 days is usually enough, I would extend
to maybe 30 days to allow for things like "reporter on vacation" etc.

Best,

Bjoern