[Libreoffice-qa] LibreOffice QA Call 2012-08-24

David Tardon dtardon at redhat.com
Wed Aug 29 22:24:13 PDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 08:58:51AM +0200, David Tardon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 05:40:50PM +0200, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > the next qa call is on 2012-08-24 1400UTC. Prototype agenda below. Additions
> > welcome, although its already packed: lots of stuff moving recently ;)
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > Bjoern
> >
> > QA Call prototype agenda:
> >
> > pending action items:
> >    - betas for Fedora (Caolan)
>
> What exactly does this mean? We do build beta (and RC) releases for
> Rawhide. We do not (and will not) do it for released branches, because
> Fedora has no global unstable/testing repo (if you want the latest
> software, you are expected to use the latest release) and our personal
> space on fedorapeople.org is too small to hold the rpms for both
> supported architectures for even one supported release. (Also, I am too
> lazy to do the necessary backporting.)

I should add that it is generally possible to use libreoffice from
Rawhide on older release, i.e.,

yum install fedora-release-rawhide
yum update --enablerepo=rawhide libreoffice*

What typically causes problems is poppler, that has a version bump in
every Fedora release. Because ~half of the installed packages depend on
it, it makes the update unadvisable :-) But poppler is only required by
libreoffice-pdfimport (which is again required by libreoffice-draw), so

yum remove libreoffice-draw libreoffice-pdfimport

helps there. (Unless you specifically want to test Draw, in which case I
suggest to install Rawhide into a virtual machine rather than breaking
your system by a half-upgrade.)

Then, if you want to go back

yum downgrade libreoffice* # and any libs that might have been updated

D.