[Libreoffice-qa] Proposed HARDHACK

Joel Madero jmadero.dev at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 07:05:41 PDT 2012

On 08/29/2012 10:38 PM, Rainer Bielefeld wrote:
> Joel Madero schrieb:
>
>> We should come up with a better method of tracking vs. each of us making
>> our own list.
>
> Hi Joel,
>
> yes, indeed!
>
>> If everyone wants, they can email me and I will keep a
>> combined list that we can discuss during our conference call. You can
>> just email me directly "Proposed HARDHACK",
>
> I would prefer a more public collection. I will (today) start another
> thread here where everybody can do a proposal for Bug Numbers, Queries
> filtering candidates or similar, so that everybody can observe the
> collection process and do his own thoughts. But it would be really
> great if you could collect the proposals few days before the next call
> (then we stop the collection, later proposals will be for the next
> call) so that we have a common and clear base for discussion and
> decision.
>
> BTW: I still wonder whether it would be possible to have a LibO
> spreadsheet on a server what can be edited by all interested people
> (here for the collection of data), see "[tdf-discuss] Open document
> from server"
>
> Best regards
>
> Rainer

Hi Rainer,

I asked for the website team to look into this for the bug triaging
process as well -- google docs is messy..-- as of yet they haven't
responded so I'm thinking it's not easy. Google docs IS working for the
triaging project it's just not ideal. It's a possibility until we find
something better for HARDHACKS.

Another less than ideal solution is setting a whiteboard status of
PROPOSEDHARDHACK, then we in the QA team can query these out a couple
nights before the conference call and write our own thoughts down. I
actually think I prefer google docs as we already have too many
whiteboard status'. Ultimately, our own spreadsheet on our own server
would be ideal.

Best Regards,
Joel