[Libreoffice-qa] 4.0 Test week/marathon Re: [...-qa] 3.7 bug hunt party ?

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Mon Dec 3 07:29:22 PST 2012

Hi Cor,

I am happy to hear from you.

Cor Nouws píše v Ne 02. 12. 2012 v 23:34 +0100:
> Hi all,
>
> After the few initial mails about this, and looking at 'the' agenda, I
> propose the following:
>
> Have either
>    a)  a LibreOffice 4.0 Test Week from Monday 10 - Sunday 16th

I am slightly scared what would happen if beta1 is not usable in the
end. Today's build still seems to work but people are still pushing last
minute features... :-)

> or
>    b)  a LibreOffice 4.0 Test marathon from Thursday 13 - Wednesday 19th

We will already have freeze for beta2 at this point but it still looks
like the best compromise to me. Well, I might be to pessimistic ;-)

> (A full week from 17-23 would be to close to Xmas, IMO).

Yup, people will be busy with getting Xmas presents these days :-)

> With the promise that
>   -  we mobilise as much people from our regular teams to show up for
> support of new-bees;
>   - we of course provide comprehensive, clear info to get started;
>   - we focus both on random testing, scenario's and bug triage.
>
> By spreading it over 7 days, it's easier for people to feel able to join :-)
>
> Initial announcements would not be too hard. Could do that
> Monday/Tuesday (evening).
> Exchange among team members for availability can be done later this week.
> Preparing info is rather easy...

Sounds great. Thanks a lot for taking care of it.

Best Regards,
Petr