[Libreoffice-qa] 4.0 Test week/marathon Re: [...-qa] 3.7 bug hunt party ?

Dan Lewis elderdanlewis at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 10:28:55 PST 2012

On 12/03/2012 01:13 PM, Joel Madero wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 7:29 AM, Petr Mladek <pmladek at suse.cz
> <mailto:pmladek at suse.cz>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Cor,
>
>     I am happy to hear from you.
>
>     Cor Nouws pís(e v Ne 02. 12. 2012 v 23:34 +0100:
>     > Hi all,
>     >
>     > After the few initial mails about this, and looking at 'the'
>     agenda, I
>     > propose the following:
>     >
>     > Have either
>     >    a)  a LibreOffice 4.0 Test Week from Monday 10 - Sunday 16th
>
>     I am slightly scared what would happen if beta1 is not usable in the
>     end. Today's build still seems to work but people are still
>     pushing last
>     minute features... :-)
>
>     > or
>     >    b)  a LibreOffice 4.0 Test marathon from Thursday 13 -
>     Wednesday 19th
>
>     We will already have freeze for beta2 at this point but it still looks
>     like the best compromise to me. Well, I might be to pessimistic ;-)
>
>     > (A full week from 17-23 would be to close to Xmas, IMO).
>
>     Yup, people will be busy with getting Xmas presents these days :-)
>
>     > With the promise that
>     >   -  we mobilise as much people from our regular teams to show
>     up for
>     > support of new-bees;
>     >   - we of course provide comprehensive, clear info to get started;
>     >   - we focus both on random testing, scenario's and bug triage.
>     >
>     > By spreading it over 7 days, it's easier for people to feel able
>     to join :-)
>     >
>     > Initial announcements would not be too hard. Could do that
>     > Monday/Tuesday (evening).
>     > Exchange among team members for availability can be done later
>     this week.
>     > Preparing info is rather easy...
>
>     Sounds great. Thanks a lot for taking care of it.
>

> I'd be able to participate off and on. My wife's and my birthday falls
> in that range as well as of course Christmas stuff and a few other
> things.
>
> I want to learn how to do these random tests, any pointers? I'll also
> be triaging throughout this week and focusing on bugs reported against
> Version 4 master/alpha
>

> Regards and thanks for leading this one,
>
> Joel
>
> P.S. Adding a few people to this one
>
> --
> *Joel Madero*
> LibO QA Volunteer
> jmadero.dev at gmail.com <mailto:jmadero.dev at gmail.com>
      Random tests: I could use some pointers as well. My "specialty" is
Base. I noticed that there are only 3 random test for it, and all of
them had locks. Seems to me that there should be more than 3. There is
the creation of a database from beginning to end. What about modifying
an existing database? What about connecting to a database such as MySQL,
HSQLDB, text, spreadsheet, etc.?

--Dan Lewis
LibO QA Volunteer