[Libreoffice-qa] LibreOffice 4.0-beta1: Impress hangs after Choose of Impress Remote

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at suse.cz
Wed Dec 12 06:43:18 PST 2012

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 03:05:02PM +0100, Petr Mladek <pmladek at suse.cz> wrote:
> I see the same problem on Linux and Windows. I did the following:
>
> 1. Open any presentation
> 2. Select in menu "Slide Show/Impress Remote"
>
> Restult: Nothing happens:
>
> 3. Select in menu "Slide Show/Impress Remote" once again
>
> Result: It shows almost empty dialog with two buttons "Connect"
>    and "Close" and the application freezes. I am not able to do anything
>    else.
>
> Andras, could you please report it into bugzilla?
>
> Anyway, I add Andrzej and Miklos into CC who worked on this feature.

Andrzej may know more, here is what I tested / works for me:

1. Start Impress
2. In Tools -> Options -> LibreOffice Impress -> General, enable
   Presentation -> Enable remote control
3. Restart Impress

(This is necessary only once.)

Then:

4. Open any presentation
5. Connect via the Android app, you should be able to control via
Bluetooth, as long as the devices are already paired once.

I don't remember I ever used the "Impress Remote" dialog. I hope Andrzej
knows in what situation its usage is necessary. :-) If it's just
necessary in the wireless case (which is enabled in experimental mode
only), then we should hide that menu item in non-experimental mode as
well.

As Petr said, feel free to open a bugreport and assign it to me, I'll
try to take care of it.

Miklos