[Libreoffice-qa] fdo#58460, fdo#58464: requesting guidance

Terrence Enger tenger at iseries-guru.com
Thu Dec 20 12:01:18 PST 2012

On Thu, 2012-12-20 at 17:22 +0100, Rainer Bielefeld wrote:
> Hi,
>
> currently we do not use that "QA-Contact" field, and I recommend to
> leave it as it is.

Yes.  When the reporter inquired on the QA list, I recommended that he
file a bug report and put me in the cc field.  QA-contact is what
happened.

I am aware that being named as qa-contact has changed my behaviour in
a couple of ways: I have been more assertive in cutting fdo#58464 down
to just the crash than I would have been otherwise, and I have whined
here for help instead of just waiting quietly for somebody else to
move the bug report along when I do not know what to do next.

> If somebody has a question he should write it in a comment, and if he
> hopes that someone has special knowledge for the problem, he should add
> that user to CC.

Ah, yes.  That would have been a better idea than my question to the
list.

> This field MIGHT be useful to establish automated proceeding (mail to
> mailing lists or whatever), If you have ideas we should discuss that,
> and me or Joel can do the necessary administration in bugzilla.

Alas, no bright ideas here.  I just got in over my head by accident.

> Best regards
>

> Rainer Bielefeld

Thank you for your patience.
Terry.