[Libreoffice-qa] [libreoffice-marketing] Latest Hardware and OS

Tom Davies tomdavies04 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Dec 24 01:54:49 PST 2012

Hi :)
No.  At least i think the  answer to that is no

I think  "how many might" is a moving target.  At the moment those devices are probably not seen as good things to use to edit documents.

Pi is more about learning programming  and building bits of hardware.  Android is more about just catching little snippets of information and looking up odd things before arriving at home or at the office.  If you planned to work on documents on-the-move then you would probably use  something larger than a netbook.

LO could change all that.  With a docking station
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Docking_station
hand-held, mobile and just tiny  devices could really start to take-over from desktops for certain usages.  Also while "on-the-move" LO provides more options and more easily for minimising the UI so that screen's "real estate" could show more of a document while still having a useful menu or customised tool-bar.

It'd be interesting to see if Android started becoming even more popular because it becomes "an office in your pocket" due to LO.

Of course desktops still have a greater capacity to be more powerful, greater local storage and easier to tinker with, fix and upgrade but people are all excited about moving to mobile devices.  LO has an opportunity to be ahead of the game a bit. especially with all the good work that has gone into stream-lining the program over the last couple of years.

Regards from
Tom :)