[Libreoffice-qa] credits for people doing QA

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 15:53:40 PST 2012

Nino wrote

>> how we give credits to people doing this work.
>
> Good question! (It's IMHO the question, how we measure meritocracy.)
>
> We have the commit count for devs, the edit count for wiki contributions,
> so
> what if we start with the number of reported bugs in a first
> approximation?
>
> (In my eyes, not only the count but also the "value" of a contribution
> should
> count, but how to define the value? So, the count should be a good start)

TDF doesn't give any credit. They do appreciate the work and have mentioned
it several times.

QA people don't write code, don't make changes to the wiki, don't create
icons. There is no merit :)

BTW value can't be measured because it's subjective. E.g. Devs just count
the number of commits not what they consisted of. I have no idea what to
count for QA.