[Libreoffice-qa] credits for people doing QA

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Mon Feb 6 04:00:26 PST 2012

On Sat, 2012-02-04 at 15:53 -0800, Pedro wrote:
> TDF doesn't give any credit. They do appreciate the work and have mentioned
> it several times.

	Sure - but we need to fix that; for a start it is only polite, you guys
do great work, and we should recognise that.

> QA people don't write code, don't make changes to the wiki, don't create
> icons. There is no merit :)

	Ah - but they do lots of work in bugzilla, which tracks and
date/time/user-stamps every change :-)

> BTW value can't be measured because it's subjective. E.g. Devs just count
> the number of commits not what they consisted of. I have no idea what to
> count for QA.

	And of course, all metrics are subject to being gamed, distorted by
chatty bugzilla commenters, or rabid commit-each-line-of-change types
but overall (hopefully) they show something useful.

	If we can come up with some nice easy-to-reproduce metric, having them
in the on-line credits for 3.5 and shipping them in 3.5.1 seems like an
excellent idea.

	Regards,

		Michael.