[Libreoffice-qa] Minutes - QA related - TSC call 2012-01-26

Cor Nouws oolst at nouenoff.nl
Fri Feb 10 01:30:08 PST 2012

Hi Petr, all,

Thanks for your detailed (mostly skipped below) view, Petr. I simply
agree. It's much to easy to say that this has more or less bugs.

Petr Mladek wrote (07-02-12 12:22)

> I have the feeling that 3.5.0 is better than 3.4.0, so the trend might
> be positive.

I do most work with beta's RC's and once the 3.5.0 is out, I'll switch
back to doing most work with the builds from master...
Sometimes costs me a few hours testing/hunting bugs, but is mostly
perfect for my type of work (good mixture of medium complex/size
docs/sheets/presentations)

> I agree that the situation is not ideal. We need more people doing QA,
> triaging bugs, ... I think that we still need to improve the wiki pages
> that might help volunteers to start. We need to propagate the existing
> ones, ...

Yes, it grows, but slowly in my impression.
Our biggest problem is that the developers seem to be smarter in
attracting more hands ;-)

> Well, I am not sure where now is the best time to communicate this. It
> might be long discussion and it might be better to do it later when 3.5
> is out and in a reasonable state.

Well, any time provided not too much :-)
But it's good to discuss the situation regularly to keep sharp on it!

thanks all and looking forward to our great 3.5.0,

--
  - Cor
  - http://nl.libreoffice.org