[Libreoffice-qa] RC3 released as Final version???

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 08:31:48 PST 2012

Hi Petr, all

Petr Mladek wrote

> What about having the following for the beta builds:
>
> 	LibreOffice 3.5.0beta1
> 	BuildID: iwohm-noinaog-nzorioinoih-mfowiom
>
> and the following for rc builds:
>
> 	LibreOffice 3.5.0.x
>         BuildID: iwohm-noinaog-nzorioinoih-mfowiom

I think this is a perfect solution for the About box.

My only request is that in the sequence of the other topic
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice/2011-December/021742.html

the name of the binaries and the About box have some common element while
making it clear that one release is an RC and the other is final.

So, RC binary files would be named
LibO_3.5.0.2rc_Win_x86_install_multi.msi
LibO_3.5.0.3rc_Win_x86_install_multi.msi

Then the final installer would be simply need to be renamed to
LibO_3.5.0.3_Win_x86_install_multi.msi

I apologize for the explosive post.

Best regards,
Pedro