[Libreoffice-qa] RC3 released as Final version???

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Thu Feb 16 01:36:54 PST 2012

Pedro píše v St 15. 02. 2012 v 08:31 -0800:
> Hi Petr, all
>

> Petr Mladek wrote
> >
> > What about having the following for the beta builds:
> >
> > 	LibreOffice 3.5.0beta1
> > 	BuildID: iwohm-noinaog-nzorioinoih-mfowiom
> >
> > and the following for rc builds:
> >
> > 	LibreOffice 3.5.0.x
> >         BuildID: iwohm-noinaog-nzorioinoih-mfowiom
> >

> I think this is a perfect solution for the About box.

Great. It seems that we have a wide conclusion on this, so let's use it
for 3.5.1.

The realization is pretty easy. It is just a mater of setting
ABOUTBOXPRODUCTVERSIONSUFFIX in instsetoo_native/util/openoffice.lst. It
is very safe because it is a new variable that is used only in the about
dialog.

> My only request is that in the sequence of the other topic
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice/2011-December/021742.html
>
> the name of the binaries and the About box have some common element while
> making it clear that one release is an RC and the other is final.
>
> So, RC binary files would be named
> LibO_3.5.0.2rc_Win_x86_install_multi.msi
> LibO_3.5.0.3rc_Win_x86_install_multi.msi

Good point. I agree that we should end here.

It will be more complicated. I think that it might affect the variables
PACKAGEVERSION, ABOUTBOXPRODUCTVERSION, SHORT_PRODUCTEXTENSION. It might
need also some changes in the installer.

Sigh, I am a bit scared to modify this. All the variables are used on
many locations in the installer and in the code. For example, you would
think that ABOUTBOXPRODUCTVERSION is used only in the about dialog but
it is not true. Any change here might have some strange side effects.

I do not promise that this will be in 3.5.1. The commit deadline for rc1
is on Monday. I have some other urgent this to finish this week. It
would be to dangerous to change this for rc2. Anyway, I'll do my best to
solve this for 3.5.2.

Nino Novak <nn.libo at kflog.org> wrote:
> However you decide - any chance to have the same strings returned also
> when invoking "libreoffice --version" cli command?  (consistency ...)

Sounds reasonable. It is just a matter of finding where the string is
printed and using another version query. The full versions should be
accessible because we need it for about dialog as well.

Is it enough to keep this as easy task? It would meant that the fix time
is not predictable.

Best Regards,
Petr