[Libreoffice-qa] [Libreoffice] weird shortcut key for repeat action in Writer

Pedro Lino pedlino at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 08:54:10 PST 2012

Hi Rimas, all

I think you'd just have to choose which label to use. Correctly matching
> key names with the keyboard model is hardly impossible. I would say you'd
> just have to choose whether to use Inserir or Insert, and stick to that
> choice. Which strings you would choose would be completely up to you, but
> you could of course take popularity and other factors into account.

That is exactly the problem! You can not choose. It is selected based on
Locale. And that is exactly what Stefan (Astron) is complaining about.
Instead of creating a huge database, there could be simply an option in the
Language settings. The keyboard would be selected based on Locale but the
user would have the option to switch to the Language that matches the
keyboard buttons (or that matches the GUI, as Stefan mentioned)

Regards,
Pedro