[Libreoffice-qa] Insulting comments in bug reports: what should we do?

Alexander Thurgood alex.thurgood at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 10:33:21 PDT 2012

Hi Roman,

Le 18/07/12 18:42, Roman Eisele a écrit :

> This is a good consideration, too, and implies that the best thing to
> do may be just to ignore insulting comments completely and to continue
> with the real work. Maybe this is the best way to proceed for now, but
> I am not sure; I still worry about what the original bug reporters
> will think about LibreOffice if the 1st answer they get is insulting ...

I suppose one way of countering that risk is to add a comment to the
same bug report that comes across as more helpful, whilst disagreeing
with the unpleasant or unwarranted comment. That way, the initial poster
will see that there is in fact a positive-minded community behind the
project (even if we can't help out, ultimately), and the
unpleasant/unwarranted commenter will stand corrected - beware of
feeding the troll though ;-)

Alex