[Libreoffice-qa] Gerrit auto-merge

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Fri Jun 1 23:54:42 PDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 01, 2012 at 03:08:55PM +0200, Michael Stahl wrote:
> On 01/06/12 15:01, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
>> On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 5:24 AM, Michael Meeks <michael.meeks at suse.com> wrote:

>>> * Quality of round-robin patch review (Markus)
>>>        + often generalists review specific patches for master
>>>        + gerrit should be able to help (Norbert)
>>>                + queueing and checking them
>>>                + one-day timeout from gerrit: if no protest,
>>>                  auto-merge to master.

>> For the record: I did not suggest, nor do I support that last point.

> iirc that auto-merge was only for commits from authors who have commit
> rights anyway, not for patch submissions from new and inexperienced
> people which is what the topic was about.

Ah, that's very different. So essentially people that now have
immediate gratification^W commit rights would "go back" to "one day
delay"?

I'm not a very auditory-oriented person (and I came late to the
party), so I might have misunderstood, but when I said "one day is
short to review a patch", I specifically remember MMeeks saying
something to the effect: "one day waiting period is a lot for eager
new contributors". I think I thought this was about requests to apply
a commit *already* in master to stable branch.

--
Lionel