[Libreoffice-qa] Cleaning bug list

Rainer Bielefeld LibreOffice at bielefeldundbuss.de
Mon Jun 18 04:21:11 PDT 2012

Joel Madero schrieb:
> I brainstormed a bit today and I came up with this flowchart.

Hi Joel,

great to see that all in a chart, your conclusions and definitions seem
plausible.

But the chart also shows the limitations of that concept: It's really
sophisticated, and no developer will sit at his's desk to decide whether
he should fix a Bug with Severity=major and Priority=normal before or
after a bug with  Severity=normal and Priority=high  ;-)

But as you stated, such a chart can give some orientation, and so I
think it should be shown in the Wiki. Not on one of the current existing
Pages like BugTriage or similar, but on a page where should gather
detailed background information what would blow up those pages too much,
but nevertheless are interesting or important to know for all who want
to gain more knowledge concerning th bugfixing, QA or whatever else process.

The question is whether the Priority entry is evaluated by anyone, IMHO
most here see that as a personal statement (of reporter?) concerning
importance of the bug - and ignore it.

Best regards

Rainer