[Libreoffice-qa] New Bugzilla Branch Version Picker items – 3

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Mon Jun 18 08:44:41 PDT 2012

Rainer Bielefeld píše v Po 18. 06. 2012 v 17:16 +0200:
> Hi all,
>
> I am happy to see that we have a solution for the general problem, I
> will change picker texts with 3.6.0.0.beta2
>
> The remaining problem is what we will do with

Ah, I forgot this ;-)

> 3.7.0.0.alpha1+    daily
> 3.7.0.0.alpha2+    daily
> 3.7.0.0.beta1+     daily
> 3.7.0.0.beta2+     daily

These will be used in the about dialog.

> 3.7.1.0.alpha1+    daily
> 3.7.2.0.alpha1+    daily
> 3.7.3.0.alpha1+    daily
> 3.7.4.0.alpha1+    daily
> 3.7.5.0.alpha1+    daily
> 3.7.6.0.alpha1+    daily

We do not allow dangerous changes for bugfix releases => the daily
builds should have the quality of release candidates. So, there will be:

3.7.1.0+          daily
3.7.2.0+          daily
3.7.3.0+          daily
3.7.4.0+          daily
3.7.5.0+          daily
3.7.6.0+          daily

> what are possible versions for the daily builds available during life
> cycle of 3.7 branch.

We have one alpha, three betas, three release candidates for .0 release,
and two release candidates for bugfix releases.

> Those are a horrible lot of versions filling the picker with nearby 0
> reports/version (a "x.x.5" does not produce many regressions, and only
> few users will test dailies).
>
> I would like to have a common "Branch Daily" in Bugzilla Version picker
> for these Versions, for example *"3.7.0.0.alpha++"* (this way only
> visible in Bugzilla, not in "Help About").
>
> With acceptable workload it would be possible to create all those
> versions from above (also to have the possibility to use a Atom Feed
> "ticker" as "early warning system" and to shift them all to such a
> "3.7.0.0.alpha++" 1/4 year after life cycle of the branch has been
> terminated. So only 1 Branch version would remain for the picker instead
> of 10 (or so).

Nice trick.

Another solution would be to omit these daily builds versions in
bugzilla at all. It is motivated by these ideas:

	+ 3.6.0.0.beta2+ version is incomplete anyway; there are more
          daily builds with this version; reporter should cut&paste
          the whole buildid from the about dialog anyway

	+ daily builds are used only by active QA testers; they
          are more experienced and could handle the missing "+"
          versions in bugzilla reasonably

Best Regards,
Petr