[Libreoffice-qa] LibreOffice QA call 2012-03-09 15:00 UTC

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Wed Mar 7 03:29:10 PST 2012

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 07, 2012 at 11:08:03AM +0100, Sophie Gautier wrote:
> For Checkbox we are waiting for an experienced/skilled QA member to
> write the tests, will we have this person for the call?

I hope both Nicholas Skaggs and Yifan Jiang will be able to join the call so
that we can work out what is doable, I assume that to be a lot easier to figure
out in a call than via mail.

> Concerning Litmus, not sure it's necessary to sync it finally
> because I don't see it's usage enhanced. It's not really adapted to
> our needs and we should first think at the people who will use it
> instead of losing time writing tests that nobody will run.
> May be it would be interesting that our QA member working on
> Checkbox with Canonical work also on Case conductor to see how it
> feet our needs and/or how we can adapt it with the help of the
> language communities.

Ok, let me rephrase the agena point to 'make it easy for Canonical (or other
downstreams) to easily include our upstream tests in downstream infrastructure
so that we can use that userbase for our tests too'. The technologies (litmus,
case conductor, checkbox) are not set in stone and we should use whatever fits
our needs best. Better?

> Cor will be available for the community things, so not sure I'll
> have to be there.

Well, esp. for community and communications we should have as many as possible
there to keep ways short.

Best,

Bjoern