[Libreoffice-qa] LibreOffice QA call 2012-03-09 15:00 UTC

Yifan Jiang yfjiang at suse.com
Wed Mar 7 18:39:57 PST 2012

Hi Bjoern,

Thanks for inviting and coordinating everything ( sorry for the late reply, it
was a busy week ) :) I'll try to join when it is possible, though the time
could be a bit late in China. An obstacle is I am not sure if it is possible
to make a call successfully from home ( I don't have a tie line at home ),
will that be an SIP call or something else?

> prototype agenda for the first call:
> structured manual testing:
>  - oneshot populating Ubuntu checkbox for LibreOffice 3.5? (Nicholas Skaggs)
>  - syncing checkbox from litmus for LibreOffice 3.6 (Yifan Jiang)

Yes, I think it would be great if we can sync the stuff automatically. I
prefer to maintain test cases in Litmus since it has a libreoffice project
specific structure and maintainable already. Also from the testing statistics
people is starting to get familiar with it:

https://tcm.documentfoundation.org/

As for the test cases content, we actually improve the testing from time to
time, but unfortunately I myself do not usually have sufficient time to do
everything I wanted. It would be great if we have extra QAs to write the test
cases, which is also one of the most important aspect we encourage people to
do in Litmus:

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/Testing/Test_Case
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Litmus/Litmus_User_Guide#Populate_New_Test_Cases

Meanwhile the good thing is we have a growing number of people who is running
testing, and it would be fabulous if more people from Ubuntu community could
help this out :)

Best wihses,
Yifan