[Libreoffice-qa] LibreOffice QA call 2012-03-09 15:00 UTC

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Fri Mar 9 02:37:26 PST 2012

Nino Novak píše v St 07. 03. 2012 v 21:47 +0100:
> If we could manage to put together a system that supports such mutual hand
> washing, it would be fine. But without, I'm a bit lost, how to organize this.
> OTOH, pure Test Case gathering could simply be started in the wiki. So I'd
> tend to start with gathering first and add mutuality later?

We need someone who move the test cases from wiki into Litmus or any
other tool. Also I suggest to send new test cases to this mailing list
because it is more interactive and it works well on the developers
mailing list.

Note that wiki is fine for writing but it is not practical for running
test cases.

Please do not ignore Litmus until we have a better tool. Rimas, Yi Fan,
and others already put a lot of effort into improving Litmus. It is
usable. We are even able to somehow translate description of the test
cases. IMHO, the main problem is that we are currently not able to
translate UI and test cases titles. I am not sure how complicated it
would be to fix this and how it works in other tools.

Note that migration to other tool should be easy. We just need to move
the test cases description. The bigger problem is to write and sort the
test cases. We should not be afraid of Litmus. We should just use its
features until we have anything better. It is here and running.

Best Regards,
Petr