[Libreoffice-qa] LibreOffice QA call 2012-03-09 15:00 UTC

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Fri Mar 9 02:26:20 PST 2012

Bjoern Michaelsen píše v St 07. 03. 2012 v 12:48 +0100:
> On Wed, Mar 07, 2012 at 08:42:10AM +0100, Nino Novak wrote:
> > An additional (possibly somewhat crazy) idea: To gather test cases from the
> > community by asking "What functionality do *you* want to be tested? Provide a
> > well-thought-out testcase for your personal most needed function (or most
> > annoying regression ;-) ".

I really like the idea. Sounds like a great approach to motivate people
for writing test cases.

> Such things should never be one-way, but an exchange: You write one test you
> care about and let others test it for you, in exchange for you testing the
> stuff that _others_ care about.

I would not be afraid of this. We need more test cases right know, so we
should be opened for any of test cases. We just need someone (more
people) that would watch the situation, move the test cases into the
right categories by priority, fix/reject confusing or strange test cases
and teach others.

I suggest to do something like with the developer mailing list. New
contributors might send test cases to this mailing list. Yi Fan or other
experienced QA people will review them and put into Litmus. If a
contributor is good, she might get write access and help with reviewing
test cases from others.

This is already described at
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/Testing/Test_Cases_Contribution
which is linked from