[Libreoffice-qa] minutes of the QA Call tomorrow, Tuesday 1300UTC

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Fri Nov 2 06:12:14 PDT 2012

Sophie Gautier píše v St 31. 10. 2012 v 18:18 +0100:
> On 31/10/2012 16:36, Florian Effenberger wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Petr Mladek wrote on 2012-10-31 15:35:
> >> I have seen that people put large test documents into wiki and mentioned
> >> links in bugzilla or E-mails.
> >>
> >> Another solution would be a write-only annonymous ftp. It would be
> >> easier for clean up. I am not sure how complicated would be a secure and
> >> usable setup.
> >
> > what exactly would you need? Some way to only send files (like anonymous
> > FTP upload without public download), or a way to share documents? In the
> > latter case, I'd rather use some web service, so we are not abused as
> > file sharing platform...

I wonder if wiki is good for this purpose or it there is a better
solutions. I am afraid that we could not increase the limit in bugzilla
easily.

> A simple way for users who want to report a bug to send example
> documents to our QA team. May be you can simply allow to send
> attachments to the qa at fr.libreoffice.org list?

Are attachments completely disabled on the qa at fr.libreoffice.org mailing
list?

IMHO, a good practice is to allow attachments up to 100kB. Large
documents should wait for moderator approval. In general, big
attachments are not a good idea because of the multiplication effect
(too many receivers).

Best Regards,
Petr